Buildings Insurance

Under the Terms of your lease WATMOS as landlord is required to provide buildings insurance (not the contents) for your block of flats and recharge the cost as a service charge.

Should a claim arise you would usually have to pay the first £100 excess, even if the cause of the problem was not your fault, for instance if there was a leak from the flat above. Information as to how to make a claim is included in the summary. Please be aware that the landlord’s buildings insurance does not include your own personal contents or possessions and you should have your own insurance including third party liability.

Please see below the current Buildings Insurance Summary & the Insurance Product Information Document (IPID) 2020-2021

WATMOS Buildings Summary of Cover 2020-21.pdf 593KB

Insurance Product Information Document IPID 2020-21.pdf 412KB