WATMOS Community Homes through your Tenant Management Organisation (TMO) are committed to involving you in all aspects of the organisation.
- Making sure that you are involved at an early stage to influence the way services are delivered and managed.
- Creating a range of opportunities (both formal and informal) so that you can choose how you want to be involved.
- Ensuring that results of surveys, consultation and participation are included in decisions about your housing service.
- Encouraging you to become an active part of the community where you live.
WATMOS and the TMOs have a variety of ways to get you involved.
These have included:
- “Moving In” survey sent to all new tenants asking how they felt about the services received whilst moving into their new home.
- “Moving Out” survey sent to all tenants leaving their TMO property asking about their experiences of being a WATMOS TMO tenant.
- Surveys for all repairs carried out asking tenants about the service provided whilst work was undertaken in their home.
- Seek your feedback on our Annual Report which describes our performance, and plans for the following year.
- Providing information on all of our services in other formats and alternative languages.
- Consulting on performance, service improvements and decision making through Committees and the Resident Services Panel.
- WATMOS and TMO residents newsletters.
- Providing training and support to TMO committees so that tenants can play an active part in shaping housing services.
- Consulting tenants including new tenants, under represented tenants and young people on how they would like to become more involved.
- Making information available on how to become a Committee/Board member/Resident Services Panel Member
- Focus groups for tenants to give their ideas and feedback on a variety of issues and initiatives.
- Parents and Toddlers Groups, Widowers Club, Dominoes League, Young Peoples Football Coaching
- Community Garden Project
- Working in Partnership with DUC (Delves United Charities), Police drop-in sessions, Chair’s surgeries
- Fun days, social and charity events
As well as continuing with the activities undertaken last year, WATMOS and the TMOs new initiatives for the coming year include:
- Open days held jointly with TMOs showing what they did last year and what their plans are for this year.
- Joint estate walks with tenants, committee members and TMO staff reviewing improvements made and what needs to be done around your estates.
- Environmental projects on each estate
- Free social activities for all tenants
- Increased publicity of all of our events